Tuesday 27 November 2007

backup specs

i got my backup specs and some sunglasses today. there's a big knot of bone where the bridge of my perfectly formed nose used to be (another lingering annoyance from the eye thing) which makes choosing a set of specs an ordeal. i don't quite get why they put stickers on them - i can see sod all from my left eye and it didn't help that there were stickers over the right lens of each pair i tried on. i'll get them tomorrow and look like christopher biggins or something.

i managed to convince myself that a cheaper alternative to the 50 quid pack-chain thing to secure my pack on trains etc. was to get a rucksack liner and padlock. so i bought them, saving me £15. nice one, subway on the way home to celebrate.

i got home, put some stuff in it and locked it up. "hmm... how would someone get into that if they wanted to then? that reminds me, i really should get a pocketknife sorted..." *cough* i'll get the 50 quid pack-chain thingy when i pick up my specs tomorrow.

i should really get my visa sorted soon. i'm thinking next week, thursday sounds good. the high commission of india in london processes visa applications between 08:30 - 13:00 so i either need to get there on wednesday night by megabus and stay in a hotel (getting there at about 1am - damn having to work next week) or getting the early train. which costs a million pounds.

it begins - how will i get from a to b? how much will it cost? shall i go overnight so i don't need accommodation? why are virgin trains so expensive?

No comments: